Almost everyone at some point in their life suffer from acne. It can affect anyone with any category of skin texture. Acne develops on the skin when greasy secretions from the skin’s sebaceous oil glands insert bacteria in the small opening for hair follicles. Whether the opening of the pores are medium to large, the clogged pore take the form of a blackhead or whitehead. A small flat spot with dark or white centers is then formed. Equally, these types of acne can further develop into swollen, and painful inflammations/pimples, or even cystic nodules.
What can cause Acne?
There are several factors that play a role in causing acne.
- Stress is found to aggravate acne, but not intentionally cause it. Though it plays a big role in the acne process.
- Hormones – Hormonal acne develops when the skin responses to hormonal changes such as an increase in androgens (Testosterones). Which can lead to a rise in sebum production.
- Genetic – There is a possibility that acne run in families, and increase your chances of developing acne. One factor may be how immune your system responds to acne-related bacteria, and also the tendency to overproduce dead skin cells.
How we treat Acne at the Naturopathic and Allergy Clinic?
We have several different facials targeted for clients with active acne or acne prone skin, such as;
Hydra Facial is the crown of all facial treatments! It is the answer to all skincare and skin issues that concern you from wrinkles to age lines to sun spots to acne!
What is it?
It is a form of resurfacing procedure that enables the treatment to take full care of your skin concerns and issues. It is a non –invasive and non-surgical procedure that delivers fast results with no discomfort or downtime. The HydraFacial treatment provides immediate effectiveness.
What it provides?
The HydraFacial provides;
- Thorough cleansing;
- Vortex-fusion of antioxidants , peptides and hyaluronic acid
Pumpkin Peel – Clarifies, exfoliates, and draws out impurities while nourishing skin with peptides, vitamins, enzymes, and nutrients. The naturally occurring salicylic acid and enzymes in pumpkin removes dead cells, leaving the skin looking and feeling smoother and clearer. Following treatment, the skin will be more even and have a healthy glow targeted for acne prone skin only.
Vitamin C Peel – Improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles while instantly illuminating the skin with Vitamin C crystals that deliver the benefits of microdermabrasion with zero downtime. (Applies to all skin types)
- Formula Features:
- Contains microdermabrasion crystals to polish away the look of wrinkles.
- Contains Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate) and Orange Peel Oil to offer multiple anti-aging benefits such as brightening, antioxidant, and reducing the visibility of fine lines.
Come in at the Naturopathic and Allergy clinic to get a free consultation and have a chat with one of our lovely facial esthetician Huda or Charlene to see what they can recommend for your skin concerns!