Homeopathy is the system of medicine, that treats disease by the use of natural, medically active substances in weak or infinitesimal doses, that when administered in health in a more crude form, would produce symptoms similar to those for relief of which they are given.
It works by using very diluted substances to increase the body’s own healing abilities, as a response of the body to the action of a substance that can produce similar symptoms to which they are recommended. For example, if you peel an onion, your eyes become very teary. A homeopathic preparation of red onion, Allium Cepa, may used for colds or allergies where the sufferer has teary eyes and all other symptoms apply.
Homeopathy offers treatment for acute diseases as well as chronic diseases, emotional disorders, and injuries. The body’s own internal defense system, the vital force within, is stimulated naturally to heal the body, mind, and spirit in harmony. Homeopathy does not kill germs but supports the body’s own ability to heal. It is an application of the law of similar to match symptoms, not the selection of the remedy by the disease that makes the correct homeopathic treatment. The body is considered as a whole, and therefore two people with the same disease are treated as distinct individuals influenced by all the factors, which have caused the disease. The Homeopathic remedy selected will match each person’s symptoms and will likely be different for each individual. This detailed and complex process can achieve favorable results, especially with chronic diseases.
The benefits to the patient of using homeopathy are that it is simple to use without requiring special equipment, easily available and it is free of side effects only when properly administered by a Homeopathic Practitioner.
Homeopathy is proud to be a part of the re-emerging of Alternative Medicine. The time has come for medicine to be taught, practiced, and experienced as what it is, an Art comprehending the totality of the human body and its emotional and spiritual expressions.
1. Denevas E., BenvenisteJ.,et al. Human Basophil Degranulation Triggered by Very Dilute Antiserum Against IgE. Nature 33, 816, June 1988
2. Reilly., et al. Is Homeopathy a Placebo Response? Lancet 881-886.Oct.18, 1986
3. Fisher P., Greenwood A., Effect of Homeopathic Treatment of Fibrositis. BMJ 299: 365-6
4. FErtey J.P. et al. A controlled Evaluation of a Homeopathic Preparation in the treatment of Influenza-like symptoms. Brit. J. Clinical Pharmacology (27) 329-335, 1989.
5. Kleijnen P. et al. Clinical Trials of Homeopathy. BMJ 302: 316-23. 1991